Thursday, August 8, 2013

+AND I'VE LOST MY MIND ABOUT HOME DECOR

So my fiancé bought our current home about 4 years before I moved in. He's an amazing decorator for a guy, but I definitely moved into his house. There's hardly any of my own artwork, family photos, or décor in our home. Actually most of it is still in storage from 2010 when I moved from Dallas to Arizona. I know.

But I've made due and I've added my touches where I can. (Like re-doing the entire spare bathroom that was still decorated, towels and all, like how his last girlfriend before me had it. Eww.)

But lately I've been feeling like I want to make an "us" house, as I realize my dreams of building a home are many many years down the road.

We recently went to a birthday party at friends house and when I walked in to their home my jaw dropped and stayed dropped for like 30 minutes as I took the house tour. Holy gorgeous. It was simple and clean and warm and just everything I want my own home to be.

So naturally I wrote out a list of things that need to be changed in our current home. Looks like I need to get a 3rd job.

 
This is what I'm going for in our home...
Love the table, chairs and lightsModern White Kitchen.  The Vassaro chandelier and the metal hood remind the designer, Myra Hoefer, of  a classic French mansard roof.  I like the huge clock!.absolutely in love with this room!!Ideas for gray and yellowtall bookcases

No comments:

Post a Comment